Wednesday, July 30, 2008

computers computers computers - what should i buy?


Everytime i walk into a computer shop to survey a desktop computer or a laptop for use for the kids, i am swamped with new models with different specifications and prices. I get a migraine instantly.

I don't plan to buy the best and most expensive computer because it will strain the family budget. One has to take into account the different needs of the entire family and the different purchases one has to prioritize.

There are so many technical terms like CPU speed, DDRAM, PCI, AGP slot, onboard video and sound cards, lan cards, printer cards, serial, USB, parallel ports. I don't know what i just need. Do I need to purchase items that I may need in the not so distant future? How high is the possibility that the computer I am buying now will be obsolete come next year? Of course, everyone is suspicious with promo guys or pc salesmen whose job is to sell them no matter what.

So I consulted friends, surf the Internet through the different internet cafes and I found some interesting reviews and recommendations. Even a non-techie (technical) person should have a grasp of what they can buy with a budget.

Here is a link to a good article about this topic.

No comments: